The inspiration behind this bag was a trip we took to Winthrop, WA last fall with our best friends. We spent the weekend checking out the shops, and just having an all around great time. While at the farmers market we popped into the local thrift store, and I found this cool Levi's belt that I knew would make a perfect strap for a bag. Well, it is nearly six months later, and I have finally finished that bag - the Winthrop bag.
To go along with the the refashioned belt strap, I decided to use a pair of thrifted capri pants for the lining (which I neglected to photograph - my apologies). That decision saved me a lot of time and hassle because I was able to use the existing pockets. The exterior fabric is an upholstery fabric from the clearance section of my local fabric store.
All in all, I am pretty pleased with the outcome - and we have already planned a second (and possibly third) trip back!
my inspiration: Winthrop, WA
click to enlarge
1. cute little bunkhouse down below the cabin.
2. one of MANY apples we picked from the orchard behind the cabin.
3. a bridge in town that was covered in fall leaves.
4. our pumpkin carving spot overlooking the river - AWESOME!
5. the crew - our best friends michael & kelly and me & my husband.
6. produce from the local farmers market (where we got all the fixins' for dinner AND found my belt).
7. the darling cabin we stayed in (well, more like a house if you ask me).
8. a competitive game of Rummikub.
9. the mountains we drove through on our way home.